A range of charitable programs
Community needs and donors’ specific areas of interest provide a variety of programs to make a difference in the Tumut region.
Foundation programs include:
- Community grants to generate social capital, build capacity and create a vibrant and better place to live.
- Educations scholarships such as the M.H.Colyer Memorial Scholarship for Continuing Studies (established 1943 – see more below).
- Education programs – including the Friends of Tumut High School, the Barbara Corbett Bursaries and Awards for primary school students, the Sue Mac Scholarship for Art and the Back to School Assistance Program.
- Community Leadership Skills Development including facilitating Outward Bound Scholarships.
- Natural Disaster Relief Fund for local residents directly affected by floods and bush fires.
- Other community strengthening programs such as the Louise Rowen Memorial Fund encouraging excellence in performance and the visual arts.
Donors wanting to assist a specific area of need and interest can discuss their preference with the Community Foundation with the view to establishing a sub-fund or donating to an existing program.